Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Where do you exist?

My men's group tonight hit on a fascinating topic.  Each of us had a different location of where we feel like our 'essence' or soul exists.  You know, when you close your eyes and you're just thinking - where do you feel like you 'are'. 

Personally, my consciousness is right behind my eyes.  For a couple of the guys, it was also in the brain, but further back.  For one, it is right between his ears.

Two of the guys felt like their consciousness was not inside their heads, but attached, either on top or right behind.  One of them stated it was like Geordi LaForge's visor on backwards.

And one of the guys felt like his consciousness is several inches behind his head, completely detached.

Weird, wild stuff.  And it led to more questions.  Do women feel differently?  Do people with heightened emotions feel it more in their chest?  Is it different for blind people?  And what correlation, if any, is there with people's personalities?

Feel free to let me know where your consciousness resides.

2 comments:

  1. This is something I have pondered about before and through my spiritual practices have realized that there are different "frequencies" to the soul. If I calm and try and empty my mind with less thoughts then I can really focus my self on where my energy/soul body is. I believe that the soul body is difference from the conscious body, and also consciousness isn't just from our thoughts, I have proven this with myself because I have learned to quite my mind to a degree that I am not thinking any thoughts but am sort of just purely conscious, these states don't last long but in these states I have begun to feel warm energy moving throughout my entire body, also the energy behind my physical heart is a very warm one and fulls my emotional body with warm feeling of compassion and joy. In my practice we recognize three distinct frequencies (not that I have felt them all or can say it's a fixed number like that), but the first body is the physical one, but this is also connected to our sexual body which can be a beast to manage. The second is our energy body (which I believe is more connected to the soul body), and the third is our conscious body which is a very subtle body and not easily felt when were are so busy in our lives, but it is this body that connects us to god.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, interesting topic, Matt (and interesting men's group).
    I'm assuming you already know this, but my consciousness is at the center of our galaxy, with the galaxy orbiting around it of course.

    ReplyDelete