Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Parasitic Tendrils and Answers to Prayer


One of my duties at the church is to pass along prayer requests to the prayer team, and this week I included myself, just saying that I'm depressed.  This lovely woman responded with this email, which resonated deeply with me:

Hey Matt.  I was praying for you just now and recently have been trying to let the Spirit guide me in prayers. I'm stepping out in faith, but aware of potential human error. I'd love to pass this along, but please pray about it. 

So I saw Your heart. There's something parasitic that has wrapped black, spiny tendrils around it and is trying to suffocate it. Jesus is working on it, but because it's a delicate process, as to not damage you, it is a slow process. I see that you're awake during this "operation" and it's painful to you, but take heart because you will have freedom. I have two visions - one of a caring father pulling out a splinter from his child's finger, and then sort of an "all better!" moment where there's a hug and then the kid runs off all happily. The second is you basically running and jumping about, hooting and hollering like some of the older generations would call a heathen. Since this is not naturally a Matt Brennan trait, I think this must be from the Lord. Haha! I see freedom for you. But not instantaneous. 

Take care! See you Sunday!

Please let me know if that sounds right to you! 

My response:
 
Thank you for that.  That does sound right to me.  And as someone who doesn't really hear from God directly, I appreciate that you took the step of sharing with me.  Your words moved me.
 
It's funny, because I used to be a much goofier, more child-like, 'hooting and hollering' person, but I've lost a lot of that as I've grown older.  I like the sound of reclaiming that.  Here's hoping I reclaim some of it in this life.
 
Thanks,
 
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment